The Account Executive is responsible for daily contact between the agency and client accounts and interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. As the client’s advocate within the agency, the AE’s primary responsibility is to ensure that all work aligns with the established marketing strategy and that it is completed within deadline and on budget.
The account executive has major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients, and therefore a broad understanding of marketing and its various facets is critical, as well as the ability to balance daily executional tasks with long-term strategy development. This position requires an individual with the capacity to maintain a high level of awareness and organization with client activities, detail-oriented management, and professional communication with key client contacts as needed.
The ideal candidate will exemplify strong communication, relationship building, and organizational skills. Additionally, the individual who fills this position must be driven and demonstrate strong leadership qualities, as well as fit into the agency’s established culture.
- Handle day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Work directly with various agency departments to lead all client initiatives, including (but not limited to): the Creative Team concerning creative asset development, the Media Team for all media planning and executions, the Digital/Web Team for all digital solution development, the Accounting Team for all budgeting and billing needs, and additional team members for strategy/planning and additional needs (as needed).
- Develop, present, and carry out strategic marketing plans.
- Maintain oversight of clients’ projects either directly or through the production manager (when appropriate)
- Initiate and manage internal teams for client jobs.
- Effectively present, sell and defend all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keep apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/industry developments.
- Assist in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Regularly check for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, emails and text messages.
- Develop and manage all scopes of work and client budgets.
- Oversee execution of approved scopes of work.
- Check and approve all work developed (creative or media) and coordinates client approval of same.
- Review billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Handle all client billing projections and detailed monthly analysis for actual billing versus projections.
- Inform account supervisor regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves account supervisor immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Coordinate project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seek additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Represent agency at industry and community functions.
Education and Training:
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in advertising/marketing or relevant field. Successful candidate will need to be able to manage a wide variety of tasks at one time with a strong emphasis on detail. Specific Account Executive experience at an ad agency or marketing firm preferred.
In addition, applicants must:
- Have previous experience in project management for a marketing/communications role
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be well organized and detail oriented
- Have excellent people skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Be well versed in excel and budget management
- Maintain a professional appearance and persona
- Perform while working long hours, especially under tight deadlines
- Be able to handle pressure well
- Fit into the established agency culture
About the Agency:
DaviesMoore builds rewarding relationships and successful brands with integrity, confidence, and accountability. We sustain a fun and productive environment absent the roadblocks of ego and complacency, proving that brilliant marketing can be both pragmatic and bold.
Submit cover letters, resumes, and/or portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org.