This Account Executive position is no longer open.
Job Description: Account Executive
The Account Executive is responsible for daily contact between the Agency and the Client and interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client(s) to which the AE has been assigned. This includes meeting with the Creative Department regarding creative briefs, project direction and budgets. The AE will work directly with the Media team regarding media planning, the Public Relations team for all PR efforts, the Digital Team concerning interactive projects, and the Accounting department for budgeting and billing. The AE is responsible for resolving issues that may arise and also knowing when to involve their supervisor concerning issues.
Account Executives must be driven and exemplify strong leadership qualities, as well as fit into the agency’s established culture.
The Account Executive has major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the Account Executive is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis and ensuring accurate and timely billing.
The primary area of responsibility for this position is to interface with clients and internal departments, however, this individual may also oversee some other account executive/coordinator work as appropriate.
This position requires an individual with the capacity to maintain a high level of awareness and organization with client activities, detail-oriented management, and professional communication with key client contacts as needed. Account Executives must also demonstrate the desire to keep current on client/industry trends and be willing to communicate finings internally and, as appropriate, with their client(s).
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients.
- Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Initiates and manages internal teams for client jobs.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, emails and text messages.
- Oversees execution of approved programs.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Develops and manages all scopes of work and client budgets.
- Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Handles all client billing projections and detailed monthly analysis for actual billing versus projections.
- Informs account supervisor regularly of account progress for all assigned clients; involves account supervisor immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Represents agency at industry and community functions.
- May be responsible for creating and developing timelines.
- May be responsible for gathering technical and functional requirements for digital projects.
- May be responsible for adding content to websites under development.
Education and Training:
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in advertising/marketing or relevant field. Successful candidate will need to be able to manage a wide variety of tasks at one time with a strong emphasis on detail. Specific Account Executive and/or digital experience at an ad agency or marketing firm preferred.
In addition, applicants must:
- Have 3+ years of account management experience, preferably with a marketing or advertising agency
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be well organized and detail oriented
- Have excellent people skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Be well versed in excel and budget management
- Maintain a professional appearance and persona
- Perform while working long hours, especially under tight deadlines
- Be able to handle pressure well
- Fit into the established agency culture
About the Agency:
DaviesMoore builds rewarding relationships and successful brands with integrity, confidence, and accountability. We sustain a fun and productive environment absent the roadblocks of ego and complacency, proving that brilliant marketing can be both pragmatic and bold.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.