Job Description: Digital Marketing Strategist
DaviesMoore, a full-service marketing firm in Boise, is looking for a Digital Marketing Strategist to work in a fast-paced, results oriented atmosphere. The successful candidate for this role is a strategic thinker, well versed in the digital space (across paid, owned and earned mediums), confident enough to be client facing and task oriented enough to do the buying/billing/analytics in addition to digital media & marketing planning. This individual has experience building and executing paid, owned and earned media campaigns for clients across a variety of industries.
The Digital Marketing Strategist will have overarching ownership of the digital strategies/executions for our clients, working with a variety of decision makers on both the client side and internal teams. This role reports directly to the Integrated Media Director and work closely with the Executive Creative Director/Digital Team as well as the Digital Marketing & Media Specialist. This individual will be on the ground level of planning along with the Integrated Media Director, client assigned Account Executive(s)/Coordinator(s) and Digital Team, making strategic recommendations as well as daily campaign management, reporting, analysis and optimization of digital marketing & media strategies.
The individual who fills this position must be driven and exemplify strong leadership qualities, as well as fit into the agency’s established culture that promotes autonomy with results.
Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day executions of digital marketing & paid media campaigns. This includes Google Adwords, programmatic advertising, social media, site-direct placements, Hulu/OTT, Pandora, etc.
- Implement clients’/agency’s inbound marketing efforts, including management through HubSpot platform. This includes nurture track management, content management and monthly platform performance reports.
- Track ongoing campaign performance and optimize campaigns accordingly, ensuring that correct audiences are reached, objectives are achieved and budgets are met.
- Manage digital media billing in conjunction with accounting dept.
- Research available vendors and educate on current and emerging digital media available, staying apprised of ever-changing industry standards.
- Prepare proposals and summaries and RFP single site direct buys when needed.
- Educate clients on digital mediums – strengths, weaknesses, limitations, recommendations, etc.
- Cultivate influencer lists and manage ongoing influencer marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate creative messaging to support various mediums and objectives.
- Recommend creative strategy and adjustments based on results.
Education and Training:
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years relevant experience as well as Google Adwords and Analytics certification and experience within marketing automation/inbound platforms (HubSpot preferred). This is a long-term position with room for advancement as knowledge increases and proof of performance is achieved. The successful candidate will need to be able to manage a wide variety of tasks at one time with a strong emphasis on detail. Advertising agency experience is preferred but not required.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a major self-starter – cannot emphasize this enough!
- Have a passion for all things digital and an understanding of the ever-changing digital landscape.
- Have a passion for professional growth, including (but not limited to) professional development through trainings, classes, certifications and conferences.
- Understand the nuances between B2B and B2C marketing campaigns, and have experience executing on both.
- Have a thorough understanding of SEO best practices and tools for measurement & analysis, and keep up on the continually evolving trends of search across prevalent search engines.
- Have an extensive understanding of Web content, including producing content for the Web and the ability to make strategic keyword recommendations for integrated campaigns (H1/H2’s, meta information, integrated content, etc.)
- Understand Web Analytics across multiple platforms (Google Analytics, Social, etc.) and understand how to create thorough, yet concise, digital reports. Additionally, conversion setup and testing as well as the ability to make optimization recommendations based on the data accrued through 1st party and 3rd party data sources.
- Understand CMS (WordPress preferred) platforms and have the ability to publish content to the Web as well as test sites.
- Be well-organized, self-directed, detail oriented and thorough, as well as be able to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Have excellent people skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities.
- Be a responsible team player but know when it’s time to let loose.
What’s In It for You:
- A paycheck (twice a month – whoa!)
- Comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- Location, location, location – our office is right under Fork on 8th and Idaho
- A super awesome manager and mentor
- The opportunity to work with fun, smart, creative people who like and support each other (possibly the best perk of all!)
If you like what you see and you think you have the chops to get the job done, submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.