This Creative Director position is no longer open.
Job Description: Creative Director
DaviesMoore, a full-service marketing firm in Boise, Idaho is looking for a Creative Director to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented atmosphere. Responsible for the overall supervision of DaviesMoore’s product, both design and copy, the creative director interfaces between the client, the account executive and the creative department. The creative director is responsible for taking strategic marketing plans and interpreting them into MooreIdeas that lead to MooreResults.
The Creative Director assigns all creative projects within DM and may source external talent depending on the creative needs. The Creative Director is also responsible for approving all creative work before presentation to the client, first reviewing the creative work with the account executive and taking the account executive’s feedback into consideration. Most of all, the creative director should have a “vision” about the strategy of the creative product to the client’s objectives and the ongoing success of the agency.
The Creative Director must also be great leader with the ability to maximize the talents of their teams. Doing so means being a coach, a teacher, an instructor, and a critic all at once. The Creative Director work with copywriters, graphic designers, web designers, account managers, brand managers and other marketers on a daily basis, and directly manages writers, designers and production managers.
The individual who fills this position must be self-motivated and exemplify strong leadership qualities as well as fit into the agency’s established culture that promotes autonomy with results.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Developing creative strategies that are forward-thinking and in-line with current media trends
• Demonstrating a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve project goals
• Offering creative ideas and encourage others to share theirs
• Checking all copy generated by team members and offer feedback when necessary
• Managing multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
• Meeting deadlines and staying within budget constraints
• Pushing clients towards fresh, exciting ideas
• Providing leadership/motivation and conveying the vision and values of the agency to staff
• Overseeing creative consultations with account teams to assure appropriate creative strategies, adequacy/accuracy of input, schedules, budgets, production support, necessary reviews, and client presentations
• Training and supervising assigned staff of writers, artists, production and traffic personnel
• Overseeing execution of all creative efforts to ensure they’re on strategy, on budget and on time
• Keeping account team aware of the use of outside services and materials to assure timely billing
• Recommending staffing and compensation changes.
• Assuring the staff adheres to established agency policy/procedures
• Maintaining external professional relationships with vendors and partners
• Participating in new business efforts as needed
• Facilitating and promoting agency initiatives and values
• Accurately tracking all work to the appropriate job number
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree in art, graphic design, marketing, communications, journalism or other related field.
• More important than the Creative Director’s education, is a foundation of hands-on, applicable experience; 10+ years related experience in an in-house creative department or agency setting is required.
• 5 years of supervisory experience preferred.
The successful candidate will:
• Have an intimate understanding of design and copy best practices
• Brainstorm branding campaigns for existing and prospective clients and DM self promotion
• See projects all the way through the end—assisting in talent acquisition, editing and more
• Write copy for client print, email, web, and social campaigns and scripts for TV, radio/audio campaigns
• Continually learn client preferences and manufacturer guidelines
• Be familiar with SEO best practices and be able to write SEO-focused content when needed
• Have ability to adapt to different writing styles
• Proofread and spellcheck each project
• Be self-motivated with a track record of success managing multiple projects and deadlines
• Collaborate with account lead and follow creative request/brief
• Work closely with Creative and Digital teams on all assignments
• Be a creative thinker, with natural wordsmith skills and the ability to brainstorm original ideas and copy on a regular basis in a fast-paced agency
• Excel in a stressful environment and be able to juggle multiple projects at once to meet tight daily deadlines
Additional required skills:
• Excellent leadership skills
• Experience managing a team of writers, artists, and production personnel
• Excellent communication and persuasion skills
• Extensive working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• A strong understanding of brand development and multi-channel marketing concepts
• Knowledge of website design and development best practices
• Familiarity with video production processes and best practices
About the Agency:
DaviesMoore builds rewarding relationships and successful brands with integrity, confidence, and accountability. We sustain a fun and productive environment absent the roadblocks of ego and complacency, proving that brilliant marketing can be both pragmatic and bold.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and portfolio to careers at DaviesMoore dot com with the job title in the subject line.