Job Description: Account Executive - B2B & Inbound Marketing Focus
Account Executives must be driven and exemplify strong leadership qualities, with expertise in a wide array of marketing initiatives. For this position, the successful candidate will have previous experience with inbound marketing and best practices for B2B marketing campaigns.
The Account Executive is responsible for daily contact between the Agency and the Client and interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client(s) to which the AE has been assigned. This includes developing project and creative briefs, collaborating with the various departments including creative, media, digital and finance and managing client work from strategy through execution and analysis. The AE is also charged with developing a strong rapport with the client to advocate for their needs while ensuring a strategic approach.
The account executive has major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients so must have a strong understanding of paid, owned and earned media tactics and when to use them. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the account executive is responsible for carrying out the plan daily and ensuring accurate and timely billing.
This position requires an individual who takes initiative and has the capacity to maintain a high level of awareness and organization with client activities, detail-oriented management, and professional communication with key client contacts as needed. Account Executives must also demonstrate the desire to keep current on client/industry trends.
- Act as the primary liaison between the client and agency
- Develop a positive rapport with all assigned clients.
- Manages workflow for all client work within the agency to ensure timeliness, quality and effectiveness.
- Ensures progress of clients’ projects through production and traffic managers or other relevant personnel.
- Initiates and manages internal teams for client jobs.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, timelines, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, emails and text messages.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Develops scopes of work and manages projects to adhere to SOW and client budget; executes change orders to avoid scope creep.
- Reviews billing prior to invoicing clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Projects monthly client billings and provides reconciliation to actuals.
- Involves account supervisor immediately in event of potential problems, i.e., client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts.
- Represents agency at industry and community functions.
- Must be comfortable occasionally contributing to the client work if needed.
Education and Training:
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in advertising/marketing or relevant field. The successful candidate will need to be able to manage a wide variety of tasks at one time with a strong emphasis on detail. Marketing experience at an ad agency, marketing firm or within a client-side marketing team is required. Account management experience a plus.
In addition, applicants must:
- Have previous experience in a marketing/communications role, preferably one with an inbound emphasis
- Have clear understanding of inbound marketing and ideally some experience with marketing automation
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be well organized and detail oriented
- Have excellent people skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Be well versed in spreadsheet and budget management
- Maintain a professional appearance and persona
- Perform in a fast-paced environment while occasionally working long hours, especially under tight deadlines
- Be able to handle pressure well
- Fit into the established agency culture
About the Agency:
DaviesMoore builds rewarding relationships and successful brands with integrity, confidence, and accountability. We sustain a fun and productive environment absent the roadblocks of ego and complacency, proving that brilliant marketing can be both pragmatic and bold.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.