This Senior Copywriter position is no longer open.
Job Description: Senior Copywriter
DaviesMoore, a full-service marketing firm in Boise, Idaho is looking for a Senior Copywriter to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented atmosphere. The Senior Copywriter leads development of concepts and copy for advertising and marketing materials and campaigns within DaviesMoore and writes a wide variety of communications for print, TV, radio, email, web and new business proposals and presentations.
The Senior Copywriter will have a proven track record as a copywriter with a deep understanding of the ways copy helps clients achieve their goals. Comfortable and confident in their writing, and willingness to help less senior members of staff to improve their copy skills, senior copywriters are leading figures in a creative team and are always ready to rise to any challenging brief with a keen eye for detail, and a drive to deliver the smartest and most effective copy.
This role requires complete self-assurance, as the Senior Copywriter is in charge of influencing consumers by delivering a clear message, as well as using their initiative to seek out new trends and incorporate them into campaigns effectively. Working alongside art directors, developers, designers and junior copywriters, this person will be a team player and self-sufficient multi-tasker, full of original approaches and innovative ideas.
The individual who fills this position must be self-motivated and exemplify strong leadership qualities as well as fit into the agency’s established culture that promotes autonomy with results.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Developing creative strategies that are forward-thinking and in-line with current media trends
• Demonstrating a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve project goals
• Offering creative ideas and encourage others to share theirs
• Checking all copy generated by team members and offer feedback when necessary
• Managing multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
• Meeting deadlines and staying within budget constraints
• Pushing clients towards fresh, exciting ideas
• Participating in new business efforts as needed
• Facilitating and promoting agency initiatives and values
• Accurately tracking all work to the appropriate job number
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or other related field
• 5+ years of copywriting experience, preferably with an agency
The successful candidate will:
• Have an intimate understanding of copywriting best practices
• Brainstorm branding campaigns for existing and prospective clients and DM self promotion
• Write copy for client print, email, web, and social campaigns and scripts for TV, radio/audio campaigns
• Continually learn client preferences and manufacturer guidelines
• Be familiar with SEO best practices and be able to write SEO-focused content when needed
• Have ability to adapt to different writing styles
• Proofread and spellcheck each project
• Be self-motivated with a track record of success managing multiple projects and deadlines
• Collaborate with account lead and follow creative request/brief
• Work closely with Creative and Digital teams on all assignments
• Be a creative thinker, with natural wordsmith skills and the ability to brainstorm original ideas and copy on a regular basis in a fast-paced agency
• Excel in a stressful environment and be able to juggle multiple projects at once to meet tight daily deadlines
Additional required skills:
• Experience working with and leading a team of writers
• Excellent communication, persuasion and presentation skills
• A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts
• In-depth knowledge of website and digital marketing copywriting best practices
• Familiarity with video and audio copy best practices
About the Agency:
DaviesMoore builds rewarding relationships and successful brands with integrity, confidence, and accountability. We sustain a fun and productive environment absent the roadblocks of ego and complacency, proving that brilliant marketing can be both pragmatic and bold.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and copywriting samples to careers at DaviesMoore dot com with the job title in the subject line.