This Senior Media Buyer & Planner position is no longer open.
Job Description: Senior Media Buyer & Planner
DaviesMoore, a full-service marketing firm in Boise, is looking for a senior media buyer/planner to work in a fast-paced, results oriented atmosphere. This individual will be detail oriented, possess strong communication and negotiation skills, working knowledge of excel and previous experience in a media related field. Experience with Strata Media buying software and Marketing Research is required.
This position will help guide, train and oversee media buyers on the team, as well as work with the Integrated Media Manager to create and execute comprehensive media plans for clients. This position implies a senior level understanding of media and allows for controlled exposure to management level responsibilities while fostering a solid foundation for a supervisor position.
The individual who fills this position must be driven and exemplify strong leadership qualities, as well as fit into the agency’s established culture that promotes autonomy with results.
Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
– Analysis and placement of print, broadcast, digital and out-of-home advertising as directed by Integrated Media Manager
– Channel specific media planning research and assistance, including print, broadcast and out-of-home advertising
– Negotiate with media vendors to maximize budget
– Use appropriate research tools to analyze most efficient radio stations, TV programs, print vehicles and Digital options for client
– Negotiate and manage promotional opportunities
– Manage and track schedule adjustments due to pre-emptions and make-goods
– Approve media invoices and reconcile discrepancies
– Manage and track buys against budgets
– Manage relationships with media vendors
– Working closely with Integrated Media Manager to gain exposure to junior team member career development
– Acting as an advocate for DaviesMoore clients, challenging team members to think beyond the tactics and think strategically about day-to-day responsibilities
Education and Training:
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience. 3-5 years media buying experience required. This is a long-term position with room for advancement as knowledge increases and proof of performance is achieved. The successful candidate will need to be able to manage a wide variety of tasks at one time with a strong emphasis on detail. Advertising agency experience is preferred but not required.
The successful candidate will:
– Have 3-5 years experience working in a media related field, specifically media buying
– Be well organized, self-directed, detail oriented and thorough
– Have a passion for guiding and mentoring junior level employees
– Perform while working necessary hours according to media & reporting/billing timelines
– Be able to handle pressure and meet deadlines
– Have excellent people skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
– Maintain a professional appearance and persona
– Have the ability to strategically analyze results, identifying and explaining variance from goals
– Be a responsible team player but know when it’s time to let loose
About the Agency:
DaviesMoore builds rewarding relationships and successful brands with integrity, confidence, and accountability. We sustain a fun and productive environment absent the roadblocks of ego or complacency, proving that brilliant marketing can be both pragmatic and bold.
Culture fit is as important to us as talent and potential as we want our employees to be happy! “You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.” – Jimi Hendrix. Check out our view of #AgencyLife and see if we’re the right company for you.
if you like what you see and you think you have the chops to get the job done, submit cover email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.