Job Description: Front-End Developer
DaviesMoore is a full-service marketing and design agency based out of Boise, Idaho and Eugene, Oregon looking for a front-end web developer to join our digital team at the Boise home office.
The successful candidate for this role will be someone who is dynamic and innovative in their approach to web development. We are looking for someone who can collaborate, conceptualize, build and maintain websites for a variety of clients.
We take pride in developing a custom, responsive web experience tailored to the brand’s objectives while integrating into the overall marketing strategy seamlessly. We seek to provide our clients with engagement websites that don’t simply provide a brochure of products and services but start and continue a dialogue with its visitors.
This approach to web design and development requires someone who doesn’t just build a site to an XD file or to meet client requirements, but rather someone who thinks beyond what the client says they want and provides the best solution for what will really move the dial for their business. Knowing when it makes sense to add interactivity or unique functionality, having the confidence to build your vision and coach the client requires someone who is a self-starter and constantly stays on top of trends in web design. This person will always be educating themselves to create new ways of engagement via the web regardless of the device a person chooses to access it.
The ideal candidate will also be agile yet efficient and organized, highly-skilled, confident, curious and a joy to work with.
Required skill set:
- Candidates for this position must have a passion for the latest technological developments in the industry to include HTML5, CSS3, and mobile web and application development.
- A portfolio demonstrating clean and compliant code.
- Strong knowledge of design principles, typography, user interfaces, Web standards, and usability.
- The ability to turn out exceptional work in weeks, not months, and are able to jump in on a project at any point in its life cycle.
- You thrive within a data-driven design culture and can quickly react to changes and new feature requirements driven by our user analytics.
- Adobe XD, Photoshop and Illustrator experience.
- 5+ years of professional HTML/CSS/JS experience.
- Mastery of code editing software.
- Ability to code CSS-based table-less layouts (SASS experience a big plus).
- Worked with, or have an interest in learning front-end build tools like Grunt and Gulp.
- Experience collaborating with Git. A link to your github account is a plus.
- Ability to develop and maintain robust web applications utilizing multiple CMS platforms (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.).
- Working knowledge of PHP and good coding conventions with the ability to learn new technologies and software as necessary.
- Knowledge of UX best practices and testing methodologies.
- Some command line skill required.
- Must be well versed in DNS management.
- Knowledge in developing to accessibility standards (WCAG) a plus!
Inherent talent the ideal candidate will already possess:
- Major self-starter – cannot emphasize this enough!
- Well organized, self-directed, detail oriented and thorough.
- A can-do attitude and team mentality.
- Ability to accurately estimate the time needed to develop or fix websites.
- Be able to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Have excellent people skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities.
- Be a responsible team player but know when it’s time to let loose!
What’s in it for you:
- Location, location, location – our office is on 8th and Idaho in downtown Boise!
- A transparent leadership team, awesome manager and helpful, fun-loving co-workers.
- Comprehensive medical/dental insurance.
- Paid vacation.
- The opportunity to work learn, grow and work with fun, smart, creative people who like and support each other.
How to apply:
If you like what you see and you think you have the chops to get the job done, submit cover email and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.