This Production Design Extraordinaire position is no longer open.
Job Description: Production Design Extraordinaire
We’re looking for a Production Designer to work in a crazy-cool, fast-paced, results-oriented atmosphere.
The Production Designer creates and modifies print and digital ads for use in various media, ranging from print advertising to digital banners, mailers, brochures and other collateral. The PD prepares files for production confirming specifications, technical details and ensuring all quality standards are maintained. The PD role is approximately 75% production, 25% design. 100% attention to detail.
Requires expertise working with the Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud-based software, specifically creating original design work in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator while adhering to brand guidelines and best practices. Also requires experience in creation of production and print-ready/mechanical files from design renderings or mockups. Must be fast, thorough and able to manage a high volume of projects with attention to detail for copy and layout to ensure consistency and best delivery for messages both visual and written.
Required Education/training/ certifications
- 3 to 5 years of experience of creative design and production process experience
- Prior experience in either agency or in-house design capacity is preferred
- Be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Have basic knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced Knowledge of print production is essential
- Demonstrated knowledge of design principles and practices: layout, color theory, typography
- Have the ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously with aggressive turnaround deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to follow art direction and collaborate on design projects within a team environment
- Continually learn client preferences, manufacturer guidelines and co-op
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proofread and spellcheck each project
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
About the Agency:
DaviesMoore builds rewarding relationships and successful brands with integrity, confidence, and accountability. We sustain a fun and productive environment absent the roadblocks of ego and complacency, proving that brilliant marketing can be both pragmatic and bold.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.