This Senior Web Developer position is no longer open.
Job Description: Senior Web Developer
We are a full-service Marketing and Design Agency in Boise, Idaho looking for a front-end web developer to join our digital team at DaviesMoore.
The successful candidate for this role will be someone who is dynamic and innovative in their approach to web development. We are looking for someone who can collaborate, conceptualize, build and maintain websites for a variety of clients.
We take pride in developing a custom web experience tailored to the brand’s objectives while integrating into the overall marketing strategy seamlessly. We seek to provide our clients with engagement websites that don’t simply provide a brochure of products and services but start and continue a dialogue with its visitors.
This approach to web design and development requires someone who doesn’t just build a site to a PSD or to meet client requirements but rather someone who thinks beyond what the client says they want and what will really move the dial for their business. Knowing when it makes sense to add interactivity or unique functionality and then having the confidence to coach the client and then build it will require someone who is a self starter and constantly stays on top of trends in web design. This person will always be educating themselves as to how to create new ways of engagement via the web regardless of the device a person chooses to access it.
The ideal candidate will also be agile yet efficient and organized, highly-skilled, confident, curious and a joy to work with.
Required skill set:
- Candidates for this position must have a passion for the latest technological developments in the industry to include HTML5, CSS3, and mobile web and application development
- A portfolio demonstrating clean and compliant code. Strong knowledge of design principles, typography, user interfaces, Web standards and usability
- The ability to turn out exceptional work in weeks, not months, and are able to jump in on a project at any point in its life cycle
- You thrive within a data-driven design culture and can quickly react to changes and new feature requirements driven by our user
- Professional Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator experience
- 5+ years of professional HTML/CSS/JS experience
- Mastery of code editing software – you left Dreamweaver by the roadside long ago and haven’t looked back since
- Experience using AJAX (having implemented into a CMS is a plus)
- Ability to code CSS-based table-less layouts – SASS experience a big plus
- Worked with, or have an interest in learning front-end build tools like Grunt and Gulp
- Experience collaborating with Git. A link to your github account is a plus.
- Ability to develop and maintain robust web applications utilizing multiple CMS platforms (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
- Working knowledge of PHP and good coding conventions with the ability to learn new technologies and software as necessary
- Experience building and maintaining large sites (50+ pages)
- Knowledge of UX best practices and testing methodologies
- Some command line skill required
- Must be well versed in DNS management
- Would love to see experience in Angular, React, or Vue
Inherent talent the ideal candidate will already possess:
- Major self-starter – cannot emphasize this enough!
- Well organized, self-directed, detail oriented and thorough
- Be able to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Have excellent people skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Be a responsible team player but know when it’s time to let loose
What’s in it for you:
- A paycheck (twice a month – whoa!)
- Comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- Location, location, location – our office is on 8th and Idaho in downtown Boise!
- A transparent leadership team, awesome manager and helpful, fun-loving coworkers
- The opportunity to work with fun, smart, creative people who like and support each other (possibly the best perq of all!)
About the Agency:
DaviesMoore builds rewarding relationships and successful brands with integrity, confidence, and accountability. We sustain a fun and productive environment absent the roadblocks of ego or complacency, proving that brilliant marketing can be both pragmatic and bold.
Culture fit is as important to us as talent and potential as we want our employees to be happy! “You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.” – Jimi Hendrix. Check out our view of #AgencyLife and see if we’re the right company for you.
If you like what you see and you think you have the chops to get the job done, submit cover email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.