DaviesMoore, a full-service marketing firm in Boise, Idaho is looking for a Senior Copywriter to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented atmosphere. The Senior Copywriter leads the development of concepts and copy for advertising and marketing materials and campaigns within DaviesMoore and writes a wide variety of communications for print, TV, radio, email, web and new business proposals, marketing plans, case studies and presentations.
The Senior Copywriter has a proven track record as a copywriter with a deep understanding of the ways copy helps clients achieve their goals. Comfortable and confident in their writing, with a willingness to help less senior members of staff to improve their copy skills, the senior copywriter is a leading figure in a creative team and is always ready to rise to any challenging brief with a keen eye for detail, and a drive to deliver the smartest and most effective copy.
This role requires complete self-assurance, as the Senior Copywriter is in charge of influencing consumers by delivering a clear message, as well as using their initiative to seek out new trends and incorporate them into campaigns effectively. This person is a team player, collaborator and a multi-tasker, full of original approaches and innovative ideas.
The individual who fills this position is self-motivated and exemplifies strong leadership qualities. This person fits into the agency’s established culture which promotes autonomy with results.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing creative strategies and content that is forward-thinking and in-line with current media trends
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve project goals
- Offering creative ideas and encourage others to share theirs
- Managing multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Meeting deadlines and staying within budget constraints
- Participating in new business efforts as needed
- Facilitating and promoting agency initiatives and values
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or other related fields
- 3+ years of copywriting experience, preferably with an agency
The successful candidate will:
- Have an intimate understanding of copywriting best practices
- Brainstorm branding campaigns for existing and prospective clients and DM self-promotion
- Have excellent conceptual skills, with an awareness of how copy interacts with design
- Be a creative thinker, with natural wordsmith skills and the ability to brainstorm original ideas and copy on a regular basis in a fast-paced agency
- Write copy for client print, email, web, and social campaigns and scripts for TV, radio/audio campaigns, marketing plans and case studies
- Continually learn client preferences, brand and manufacturer guidelines
- Be familiar with SEO best practices and be able to write SEO-focused content when needed
- Have the ability to adapt to different writing styles
- Collaborate with account lead, follow creative request/brief and work closely with Creative team on all assignments
- Be self-motivated with a track record of success managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Have a strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts as well as excellent communication, persuasion and presentation skills
Samples of creative campaigns, marketing plans and case studies required.
Submit cover letters, resumes, and work examples to email@example.com.