Hello! So, a little about me … I’m an experienced traveler, being one of four children of an Air Force pilot. I was 15 when my father was stationed in Idaho and I’ve pretty much lived here ever since, so I call Boise my home.
As a teenager, before embarking on a career in design, I was hand painting signs and murals for small local companies. I was being led in the direction of design before I knew it and I’ve always felt blessed to make a living being creative. I’ve been in the design field since the late 90s and still adore it. It’s awesome working and designing in a field that is ever-changing. Most of my design career has been about providing design solutions for local businesses and nonprofits, and recently I’ve been an independent design consultant. But I prefer to be and work around creative kindred spirits.
My husband and I are avid animal lovers and have five fur-babies. We’ve been known to rescue lost, injured and/or orphaned animals, including but not limited to ducks, geese, dogs, squirrels, cats, kittens, song birds, birds of prey and even a gopher. My other hobby, aside from helping small furry and feathery beings, is quilling. Quilling is an old craft of using paper strips which are then rolled to create shapes, designs and of course, letters and words.
Awards & Recognition
- Silver Rockie 2005 Boise Advertising Federation Creative Award for Fractional Advertisement
Involvement & Leadership
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, mentor volunteer
- Girls on the Run, volunteer coach
- Ruth Malichar Bird Center, volunteer
- Meridian Valley Humane Society, volunteer
- Helping Idaho Dogs, Inc., volunteer
- Boise Bully Breed Rescue, volunteer
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Emphasis in Graphic Design; Boise State University
- Project Management Principles and Practices Certificate Program; University of Irvine